Wednesday, June 23, 2010

On the 23rd day of June, my true love gave to me...













Dear Medi,

I thought the people might like to know what you sent me.

The box contained:

1 box of Dark Chocolate shakes
1 box of Swiss Mocha shakes
2 boxes of Dutch Chocolate shakes
2 boxes of French Vanilla shakes
1 box of Strawberry shakes
1 box of Banana Creme shakes
1 box of Orange Creme Shakes
1 box of Cappuccino drinks
1 box of Hot Cocoa drinks
1 box of Chai Latte drinks
1 box of Cranberry Mango drinks
1 package of Scrambled Eggs
2 boxes of Vanilla Pudding
1 box of Banana Pudding
1 box of Chocolate Pudding
1 box of Cream of Tomato Soup
2 boxes of Maryland Crab Soup
1 box of Chicken Noodle Soup
2 boxes of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
1 box of Peach Oatmeal

*each box contains 7 meals.

Medi, what am I supposed to do with the chicken noodle soup? Remember our talk about gluten intolerance? I am not trying to nag you, dear, but if I can't eat what you send, I am not getting my money's worth! I will call someone and see if we can get this straightened out.


I had a strawberry shake for breakfast. I am going to have to come up with a rating system for the readers, just in case they want to date you themselves. My rating system will be as follows:

4 stars- I'd consume this even if I weren't on a diet!
3 stars- It beats being fat, I guess...
2 stars- It's better than a root canal!
1 star- I'd rather drink gasoline!
0 stars- We'll never speak of this again.

As for the strawberry shake, I would give it 2 1/2 stars. It was chalky and had a funny aftertaste. Soy, perhaps? Maybe this is an acquired taste...

I drank the shake at 9 am and it is now noon. I am STARVING, so I am off to try some chicken and rice soup, even though directions are a bit daunting (5 steps to heat up soup?). We'll ignore the fact that it was 90 degrees by 9 am here in the good ol' South. Soup weather? Not so much, but food is food.

Maybe iced soup will catch on,
McFluffin

No comments:

Post a Comment